Question:
Which is a better place to migrate to, The US or Canada?
mgirl88
2006-04-10 04:15:23 UTC
Which is a better place to migrate to, The US or Canada?
Ten answers:
Dream Scourge
2006-04-10 04:37:45 UTC
A lot depends upon what you want out of life.

Canada will offer you a place where the standard of living is high, the crime rate low, and the climate healthy, the life expectancy high, and the people generally friendly but without being over the top. It does get very cold, but the summers are beautiful, and the culture is varied.

America will offer you a place where the standard of living is relatively high but falling, the crime rate generally high, the climate not so healthy, the people not always so friendly and often over the top. But high national security and a patriotic feel. America has a wide range of climates, suffers from tornadoes and hurricanes, can be heavily polluted, and has ads every few minutes on the TV (very short attention span)... Oh and it currently has GWB.

You decide :)

And before anyone complains, I am not Canadian, just honest :)

PS. all these things vary to a large degree on the city/state/area you will live.
SFdude
2006-04-10 10:22:07 UTC
Canada is harder to get into. But once you are in, it's much more settled and easy to adopt to because the government will follow/regulate your progress every step of the way - from making sure you register for universal health care to enrolling your kids in school.

So it attracts a different type of immigrant than the United States (usually Hong Kong Chinese, middle-class Indian, and *European-Americans*). Canada welcomes fewer immigrants than the United States in terms of raw numbers, though per capita it is the same because there are so few Canadians any way (30 million total, or less than the state of California!).

There's a point system based on language skills [English and French], educational attainment [college degrees], and liquidable wealth [investment potential], where the higher you are on the scale, the more likely you are "able to enrich Canada"...the more likely you will get in.

In the U.S., the INS and CBP doesn't care what you do. It is the corporations' need for cheap labor that drives policy. There are so many people coming in both legally and otherwise that you're pretty much thrown on the street and left to your own devices. It's a freedom, for sure, but a pretty terrifying brand of "freedom" for a person who just came. It also encourages people to live in familar ghettos and take low paying jobs.
prsegovia
2006-04-10 04:30:27 UTC
if you want a better life and to be treated well go to Canada, my relatives practically live there and gets good results.people will respect you there's not much racism. Canada has a peace full aura than the US. some would say US but I say Canada. even if US is a world power, time would come it would degrade. they answer US because of their national pride, they boast.
craigmac4ca
2006-04-10 04:22:54 UTC
Depending where you move in the US. or Canada,Toronto,Vancouver,Montreal,all very nice places,In the US. I'd only move to new york,or Boston,Overall I'd choose Canada Higher taxes but health care and lower crime rate.
gamefish
2006-04-10 04:19:01 UTC
I was born in Canada and live in USA , where are you from?
hillbilly_coon
2006-04-10 04:18:40 UTC
It depends on the weather. The farther North you go, the colder it is.
bhatiachemicals
2006-04-10 04:26:51 UTC
I feel that US is better because it is a supperpower.
Burnt Emberes
2006-04-10 04:24:30 UTC
THE US.No Doubt.
karin
2006-04-11 06:08:49 UTC
it depends on what you like. personally i would choose U.S ( california) because of the culture.
Amir
2006-04-10 04:16:05 UTC
be sure that US is the best!