Question:
How long does it take at 8am on 85 or 101, to get from the 85 101 junction south to 85 101 junction north?
sarina23841
2006-05-09 19:14:25 UTC
I'm particularly curious at comparing the time it takes, during the morning rushhour in CA, to get from the southern 85 101 junction in San Jose to the north 85 101 junction in Palo Alto. How long does it take on 85? And how long does it take on 101?
Three answers:
pablo_dmc
2006-05-10 16:11:39 UTC
it depends actually..back on the days when i used to co to West Valley, it used to take 30 mins, if you're not speeeding. Now if you r a car racer( meaning you go over 80 easily), you can make it in 20 mins...However if you're driving in a stormy day, you can take up to 45 mins, i'd tell you to take the 87 North instead(it's gonna meet the 85/101 N junction anyway), but there's some upgrades going on in that freeway, and therefore traffic.oh yeah! by the way, consider carpooling, it's the best way.
2006-05-10 02:17:42 UTC
I actually take the 85 101 junction south to 85 17 Junction north junction everyday in the morning. It takes about 20 minutes on an average day, but then I am taking this route at about 7:30 instead of 8:00AM. Anyways, I believe it's much shorter just to take 101 all the way through :).
1238597426972076
2006-05-11 15:36:31 UTC
It depends where exactly are you coming from San Jose, it may take about 35 minutes on 85(87 junction) from San Jose and about same time from 101 (Tully area). And everything depends on the flow of traffic and or accidents.