Question:
Has anyone ever visited the "Winchester House" in San Jose, CA and was it worth it to go see it?
Stacey H
2006-01-10 14:49:43 UTC
Has anyone ever visited the "Winchester House" in San Jose, CA and was it worth it to go see it?
Four answers:
all_for_devon
2006-01-10 14:59:53 UTC
I went to the Winchester about 3 years ago and it was really cool. The Halloween tours are said to be the most fun but if you are in the area now...it is definately worth checking out! The house itself is really neat and the story behind it is even better!
cran
2006-01-11 13:16:23 UTC
If you have the Entertainment Book, there might be a buy 1 get 1 free admission coupon.

I've been there once.. it is "interesting"...neat to see the inside and the history. Nothing super spectacular. Check out Santana Row and Valley Fair Shopping Mall down the street.
racingcowboy58
2006-01-10 14:56:17 UTC
It's pretty cool, but younger kids (under 10) will lose interest too quickly.

The mystery surrounding the house is actually better than the house itself.
Anne
2006-01-10 14:52:42 UTC
A lot of people seem to think so. The words "interesting" and "mesmerizing" come up in a lot of these reviews: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-2815490-prod-travelguide-action-read-ratings_and_reviews-i;_ylt=An1v_ZVlwr0r0dk7wNvspd9CFmoL